The exhibition “Jugar amb foc” at l’Espluga del Francolí
“Jugar amb foc” (“Play with Fire”), organized and produced by Museu de la Vida Rural, Fundació Carulla and Pau Costa Foundation aims to challange visitors and reflect on the current management of forests and rural areas. The objective is to study in more detail the ecology of fire, generate knowledge about forest fires and reflect on climate change and the sustainability of the current relationship between fire and people.
The content of the exhibition is currently available in virtual format: https://virtual.expofoc.cat/
At the time, a series of environmental awareness actions were carried out around the exhibition:
Environmental education and fire risk awareness program
- Action 1 | Main session: Can land management be a protection tool against forest fires? With the special collaboration of Martí Boada. September 30, 2020
- Action 2 | Training day for journalists. Forest fires: how do we prepare to report on this emergency and its effects on the population and infrastructure? June 7, 2021
- Action 3 | Extensive silvopasture and fire prevention sessions in the Conca de Barberà. June 7, 2021
- Action 4 | Educational activities in extensive silvopasture for fire prevention. December 2021. Four actions at Zer de la Conca de Barberà made up of four different schools. The workshops had the participation of a shepherd from the area (Pere, a shepherd from Vimbodí i Poblet) who explained his job. His participation was recorded by video in order to spread his valuable message in schools across Catalonia. We also counted with volunteers from the ADF in the area, who explained what forest fire prevention tasks consist of.
- Valldemur School, Barberà de la Conca – May 31, 2021.
- Antoni Tous School, Pira – May 13, 2021
- San Roque School, Rocafort – May 18, 2021
- Sagrado Corazón School, Solivella- May 25, 2021
- Action 5 | Educational manual on forest fires for children. December 2021.
- Action 6 | Day of management of the agroforestry landscape in fire prevention. March 2021.
- Action 7 | Educational activities to raise awareness of fires and forest management. April-May 2021. Vedruna School at l’Espluga de Francolí (Third term) and El Morell High School (Third term)
- Action 8 | Fire film series – 2 sessions
- Action 9 | 2 IncendiArt artistic activities for boys and girls.
- First session: October 3, 2020 (FES) (*)
- Second session: May 15, 2021 (International Museum Day). Program In the IncendiArt workshop we learnt to prepare natural paintings in an artisanal way with materials from a forest fire, such as ashes and coal. The elaborated paintings served us to experiment together from the creation of a mural through a collaborative drawing technique. Watch
- Action 10 | Closing: Turn off the fire. June 24, 2021