PCF is offering 1 position on the field of wildfires
Pau Costa Foundation (PCF) is a contact point to facilitate the exchange between researchers, stakeholders and the community. A global non-profit entity focused on wildfire prevention and crisis management with a vocation to disseminate knowledge and execute / implement projects. We work for the wildfire community, connecting first responders, landscape managers, society, research, the public and the private sector and policy makers.
PCF is seeking one wildfire specialist to cover a maternity leave, with possibilities to extend the contract.
The wildfire specialists will join R + D + I Department at Pau Costa Foundation. This unit applies for funding and manages projects to enhance excellence and innovation in the field of wildfires, while creating synergies with researchers, emergency services and society.
All candidates will be assessed in relation to the items that are given below.
TAsks and responsibilities
- To support the development of current projects being developed:
- Development of the activities proposed in the projects.
- Drafting of results and documents of the project.
- Attending projects' meetings, nationally and internationally.
- Working with various entities.
- All this will involve considerable travel throughout Europe to thematic events, conferences, networking events and consortia meetings.
- To support on new projects requirements and new tasks.
- To support the training area:
- Environmental education for adults.
- Environmental education for children.
- To support the communication area:
- Assisting in the communication tasks of current projects.
- Supporting the organization of events such as conferences and seminars.
- Any other required by the management of the Foundation to support the executive team.
Minimum requirements of the candidate
- University degree in life science, preferable forest engineer, environmental sciences, biology, geography or similar.
- Excellent command in English- an oral and written test tanks may be carried out.
- Experience and / or knowledge in PCF key areas.
- Experience in promotion of the EU & international funding calls, proposal preparation and / or project management in R + D + I.
We will value:
- Being a PCF Member - it will be positively considered as a merit.
- Knowledge orf Social Sciences (Ethics, Sociology), Pedagogy and / or Psychology
- Advanced level of French Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Knowledge orf GIS (ArcGis) will be valued.
- Project management training (courses, workshops, seminars and others).
- Willingness and proactive attitude, work team capacity, good communicative and organizing skills, and working in an autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt to changes and dynamism required by the projects.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Indicative duration for each position: The initial duration of employment will be the duration of the maternity leave (full-time employment) with a possibility of extension. Employment will start during April 2019, as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
- Standard salary according to the professional category of graduate.
- Partially home based and partially PCF Headquarters (Taradell, Spain).
Join PCF staff team
Pau Costa Foundation offers an inspiring work environment, dynamic, multicultural and international as well as multiple opportunities for professional growth and learning new skills.
Pau Costa Foundation is an organization that promotes equal opportunities and encourages the presentation of candidates.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Pau Costa Foundation reserves the right to select the appropriate persons for this vacationy.
Please send your application with the Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject 'Offer 2019/01') before 23rd April 2019.