Lines of action

Home Lines of action

We sensitize, educate and investigate

We work for the forest fire community by connecting to emergency services, land managers, society, academia, public and private sectors, and legislators.

We facilitate the meeting between researchers, emergency services and civil society. A global non-profit organization, which has been focused on the prevention and management of fires and major emergencies since 2011, with the aim of disseminating knowledge and making projects tangible.

Our lines of action

Knowledge exchanges
We promote exchanges between national and international entities to ensure that knowledge about forest fires reaches everywhere.
Resilient landscapes
We promote the resilience of landscapes through the analysis of the territory, proposing concrete management actions at key points.
R & D + i
We participate in Research, Development and Innovation projects to promote excellence and new advances in the field of forest fires and weave links between researchers, emergency services and society.
Conferences & Seminars
We organize face-to-face and virtual events so that the forest fire community can be informed of the national and international news.
Impact and Participation
We increase the visibility of the fire community by participating in local, national and international events.
Awareness & Dissemination
We transmit knowledge of forest fires through art and communication actions so that they reach the entire population and all generations in a more attractive way.
Social action
Social Action is a fundamental pillar of the Foundation that allows the establishment of links with entities and people from countries that need to improve their forest fire management capacity.

How we work

We help meeting the Sustainable Development Goals defined by the United Nations
Constant exposure to toxic smoke caused by a forest fire can cause health problems, especially in the lungs and eyes. Smoke affects everyone exposed to a forest fire as it can cause chronic heart and lung diseases, among others. The PCF collaborates with other organizations with the FUMS Project, a study that investigates the negative influence of smoke on firefighters and seeks to know their long-term effect and to propose actions to minimize this impact on the health of workers who fight Against forest fires.
Social education is decisive when it comes to making the population understand how important it is to re-manage the forest to reduce the catastrophes that can cause forest fires. For this, it is necessary to have a basic training and knowledge about fire ecology.
The Foundation has organized a committee of Gender and Emergencies, where women from all Emergency services work to change the paradigm of women within the working world of Emergencies, which is still a male world. Likewise, we highlight that 60% of the staff of the PCF is made up of women, with the same conditions as the remaining 40%.
The Foundation has organized a committee of Gender and Emergencies, where women from all Emergency services work to change the paradigm of women within the working world of Emergencies, which is still a male world. Likewise, we highlight that 60% of the staff of the PCF is made up of women, with the same conditions as the remaining 40%.

The PCF participates in projects financed through different European frameworks, such as: Horizon 2020, Erasmus +, Interreg SUDOE, among others.

Improving diversity and reducing discrimination in professions related to forest fires The representation of women in leadership positions has increased, but we recognize that considerable improvements are still needed: increasing the participation of people of color, international members and women , as they still remain unrepresented.

Planning adapted to large IIFFs is promoted to achieve resilient landscapes. Forests house more than 80% of all terrestrial species of animals, plants and insects. By managing the landscape with knowledge, many fewer hectares of forest areas could be lost. Fire spreads by reading the landscape, and both evolve together. Therefore, effective prevention and protection of property and persons against fire risk must be planned at landscape level, integrating into territorial and urban planning policies and instruments, just as flood risk management is managed.
We promote a sustainable rural life model so that the forest is used as before and as a source of life and economic engine in rural areas to better manage forests. With the Ramats de Foc pilot project, it seeks to encourage grazing and proximity products to prevent forest fires. To achieve this end, the return to rural life is sought and thus cause a possible urban exodus.
Climate Change is one of the main reasons because forest fires occur. In fact, precipitation and temperature are the main elements that influence the state of the vegetation, and therefore, the behavior of the fire.It should be noted that each activity that the PCF carries out, contributes to defining policies adapted to mitigate the negative effects of big fires.

Foundation wants society to change its conception in relation to its consumption. Sustainable consumption and production will contribute to promoting the efficient use of resources and energy, the construction of infrastructures that do not harm the environment, improve access to basic services and the creation of ecological, just-paid and well-maintained jobs. labor.

Foundation wants society to change its conception in relation to its consumption. Sustainable consumption and production will contribute to promoting the efficient use of resources and energy, the construction of infrastructures that do not harm the environment, improve access to basic services and the creation of ecological, just-paid and well-maintained jobs. labor.

Let's change the forest fire paradigm
Nature needs you. You need nature.