PAU COSTA FOUNDATION
is now seeking 1 (one) position on the field of wildfires
Pau Costa Foundation (PCF) is a non-profit international organization advocating a profound change in the perception of landscape fire by the society, divulgating the knowledge on fire ecology, facilitating fire management at landscape level and bridging the gap between research, practitioners and society.
It also aims to serves as information coordination platform and contact point to exchange and transfer knowledge in the field of fire ecology research and operational fire management.
The PCF is seeking one wildfire specialist to complete a job vacancy.
The wildfire specialists will join the Project Department and R+D+I Department at Pau Costa Foundation. This units applies for funding and manages projects that promote the achievement of the PCF’s institutional challenges with the aim to promote either the excellence or the impact of the wildfire community.
All candidates will be assessed in relation to the items that are given below.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To support the development of current projects being developed:
– Development of the activities proposed in the projects.
– Drafting of results and documents of the project.
– Attending projects’ meetings, nationally and internationally.
– Working with various entities.
– All this, will involve considerable travel throughout Europe to thematic events, conferences, networking events and consortia meetings.
- To support on new projects requirements and new tasks
- To support the communication area:
– Assisting in the dissemination of the activities carried out by the Foundation (social networks).
Minimum requirements of the candidate
- University degree in life science, preferable forest engineer, environmental sciences, biology, geography or similar.
- Excellent command in English and French – an oral and written test may be carried out.
- Experience and/or knowledge in PCF key areas.
- Experience in promotion of the EU & international funding calls, proposal preparation and/or project management in R+D+I.
Other requirements to consider
- Being a PCF Member – it will be positively considered as a merit.
- Proficiency in English and French. Knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Knowledge on GIS (ArcGis) will be valued.
- Drive license B1.
- Project management training (courses, workshops, seminars and others).
- Willingness and proactive attitude, work team capacity, good communicative and organizing skills, and working in an autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt to changes and dynamism required by the projects.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Indicative duration for each position: The initial duration of employment will be 6 months (part-time employment) with a possibility of extension. Employment will start during July 2018 or as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
- Home based work.
The employees will be PCF staff members.
Pau Costa Foundation offers an inspiring work environment, dynamic, multicultural and international as well as multiple opportunities for professional growth and learning new skills.
Pau Costa Foundation is an organization that promotes equal opportunities and encourages the presentation of candidates.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Pau Costa Foundation reserves the right to select the appropriate persons for this vacancy.
Please, send your application with the Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com (subject ‘Offer 2018/01’) before 29th June 2018.