The PCF is seeking two wildfire specialist to complete two (2) job vacancies.
The wildfire specialists will join Project Department and R+D+I Department at Pau Costa Foundation. This units applies for funding and manages projects that promote the achievement of the PCF’s institutional challenges with the aim to promote either the excellence or the impact of the wildfire community.
All candidates will be assessed in relation to the items that are given below.
Tasks and responsibilities
- To support the Projects Department:
- Identify different kind of calls of EU funded programs and initiatives.
- Support in the definition of proposals: project goals, advising on project partners and proposal writing.
- To support the development of current projects being developed:
- Development of the activities proposed in the projects.
- Drafting of results and documents of the project.
- Attending projects’ meetings, nationally and internationally.
- Working with various entities.
- All this, will involve considerable travel throughout Europe to thematic events, conferences, networking events and consortia meetings.
- To support on new projects requirements and new tasks.
- To support the communication area:
- Support in creating contents for the website of the Foundation.
- Assisting in the dissemination of the activities carried out by the Foundation (social networks).
- Support and liaising between group leaders and the Departments of PCF for the daily running of the projects.
- Any other required by the management of the Foundation to support the executive team.
Minimum requirements of the candidate
- University degree in life science, preferable forest engineer, environmental sciences, biology, geography or similar.
- Excellent command in English – an oral and written test may be carried out.
- Experience and/or knowledge in PCF key areas.
- Experience in promotion of the EU & international funding calls, proposal preparation and/or project management in R+D+I.
Other requirements to consider
- Being a PCF Member – it will be positively considered as a merit.
- Proven record in fundraising (e.g., EC/EU funded projects).
- Proficiency in English and knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Máster en INCENDIOS FORESTALES: Ciencia y gestión integral – or similar.
- Knowledge of statistics and database.
- Knowledge on GIS (ArcGis) will be valued.
- Drive license B1.
- Project management training (courses, workshops, seminars and others).
- Willingness and proactive attitude, work team capacity, good communicative and organizing skills, and working in an autonomous way.
- Ability to adapt to changes and dynamism required by the projects.
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally.
- Indicative duration for each position: The initial duration of employment will be 6 months (full-time employment) with a possibility of extension. Employment will start during February, 2016 or as soon as a suitable candidate is selected.
- Home based / PCF Headquarters for each position.
The employees will be PCF staff members.
Pau Costa Foundation offers an inspiring work environment, dynamic, multicultural and international as well as multiple opportunities for professional growth and learning new skills.
Pau Costa Foundation is an organization that promotes equal opportunities and encourages the presentation of candidates.
All applications will be treated confidentially. Pau Costa Foundation reserves the right to select the appropriate persons for these two vacancies.