This Wildland Fire Safety Summit will attract everyone involved in decision making – from front line firefighters to incident managers and fire executives. Questions we hope will be addressed at the Summit through the many presentations and networking opportunities:
- Do we teach decision-making to fire leaders well?
- Can we use technology to improve situational awareness?
- How do we allow for human factors in decision making?
- Are we equipping incident management teams to make wise decisions?
- Are the accepted wildland fire safety doctrines of the “10 Standard Fire Orders” and “18 Watchout Situations” still relevant in today’s technical world?
- What are the consequences when things go wrong?
- Are there things we can learn from other (non-fire) disciplines where high consequence decisions are made?